jd Paint tool AKA Greese tool Beta version 1.0.0. This release is my first version of a 2D paint tool within maya. You can use this tool as a 2D animation tool to plan your animation or as a 2D layer FX over a 3D scene. This scripts was built in python language.
Run on Windows 32 bit and others 32bit windows operating systems. This version have been compile for Maya2009 and Maya2010. Click appropriate maya version to download and install it on correct platform.
Link to Download: jd_paintTool_quickIntro
This is my First official release as version1.0.0 All previous version was in beta testing. Thank to Wen Hao and Martin For Testing. So Far no major bug The full video Tutorials is coming in a near Future… Have Fun.
1. Rename the extracted folder to jd_paintTool.
2. Copy the folder ‘jd_paintTool’ with his contain inside a sourceable maya scripts folder
3. Open Maya and execute the lines below in a python scripts editor
from jd_paintTool.jd_paintTool import *starter()
- Alt + L = add Keyframe
- Onion Skin work after the 1 drawing
- b+”left mouse button” Scale brush + –
- Inside Pen Control “Visor doesn’t work” use normal visor will do
This tool is build on using paintFX tool so all tool related to it can be use….”almost”
PAINT EFFECT TOOL “option”
Can be modified to change the presure and display quality of your drawing.
But you can’t use Paint at depth. If tool get mess up just reset tool….
Can be use to select a different type of brush. By default a basic brush will be apply.
PAINT EFFECT BRUSH SETTINGS
Can be use to modified behaviour of the selected visor selected BRUSH or default brush.