Here an others lamp blinking from Arduino, Python and Py-Serial. I did start from a tutorial found by my student but after a short while realise that was a good code starting example but I needed something more responsive…. well the Arduino script date of 2008.
Once again here my simple proof of concept to help my student.
- The current scripts is actually working on Windows 7, Mac, Debian linux….
- So far I simply implement a Python timer to quickly loop and repeat a task
- Change the Arduino scripts to work with case instead of simple variables
- Implemented python user input instead or hard coding the password.
[KGVID width=”320″ height=”180″ downloadlink=”true”]http://characterd.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/PythonLamp11.mov[/KGVID]
- Install Python 2.7.2
- Simply extract Py-Serial and Feedparser inside the required location for different OS..
- WIN 7 = c:\pythonXX\Lib\site-packages\
- OSX = prefix/lib/pythonX.Y/site-packages
- Linux = “confirm soon”
- Also copy ezSetupTools.py insite the site-packages location
- Now simply install them all
- cd py-serial “sudo python setup install”
- cd site-packages “python ezSetupTools.py”
- cd feedparser”sudo python setup install”
- Now you are good to go
- Simply Program your Arduino
- Run the python scripts + Enter your email and password then you are all set….
- Light will blink if you get more then 1 email
- Modified the scripts to your need… that was only a workaround and proof of concept